By Team Nutrex
Take the unhealthy out of one of your favorite dessert dishes and pack in a macro-friendly version with the same great taste you know and love when biting into some delicious peach cobbler.
This treat is perfect for a post-workout meal and can be utilized as a snack whenever you’re feeling hungry and need something delectable without breaking the bank on your diet.
For this recipe, you can use Plant Protein as the main protein source which will help with the overall consistency as well.
Take a look below and find out how to make some of the best tasting plant protein peach cobbler around that’s great for everyone!
What You’ll need:
|1-1/3 CUP ALMOND FLOUR||1/2 CUP COCONUT FLOUR|
|1/2 CUP MONK FRUIT||3 SCOOPS PLANT PROTEIN POWDER|
|1 CUP UNSWEETENED APPLESAUCE||2 EGGS|
|2 CUPS FROZEN PEACHES||4OZ DAIRY FREE MILK|
|6 TBLSP UNSALTED BUTTER||PRINT RECIPE|
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 by 9 pan or glass dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix almond flour, coconut flour, 1/4 cup of monk fruit sweetener, 2 scoops of protein powder, applesauce, and eggs.
- In a small bowl mix 1 scoop of protein powder and 1/4 cup of monk fruit blend in a shaker cup with 4 oz of dairy free milk of choice.
- Add about half of the large bowl mixture to the 9×9 pan covering the bottom of the pan completely. This will be the first layer.
- For the second layer add about 2 cups of frozen peaches covering the first layer completely.
- Pour the protein powder, monk fruit milk mixture over top of the peaches evenly.
- For the final layer add the remaining large bowl mixture, covering the peaches completely. (Optional) melt the butter and pour over top of the top layer.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 min. remove foil and bake for another 5-10 min to brown the top.
The total time for preparation and baking should take roughly 35 minutes and to add on some additional protein, you can whip up a greek yogurt based icing to place on top for even more taste value.
Since it’s peach cobbler, it’s recommended to use a peach flavored greek yogurt as your topping base.
So, if you’re interested in adding some nutritional value to a very popular dessert dish, this is one recipe that is a must try!
Plant Protein peach cobbler can be served as a delectable treat to the entire family.